However, there are a few important things to keep in mind when giving CBD to your pet. Cats cannot metabolize terpenes because their liver lacks an enzyme to do so, which is why our oils are particularly suitable for cats as they are made without terpenes and THC! More on that under the post "Cats and Terpenes".
There are certain herding dog breeds that should not be given CBD oil! Please read the post "MDR1 gene defect in dogs".
Don't expect miracle cures from CBD, but it can make your pet's life a lot easier.
For dogs and cats, we recommend our products for dogs and cats, which are also terpene-free, making them suitable for cats.
For all smaller pets and farm animals up to the size of a large dog, we recommend neutral or vanilla MCT oil.
All animals that exceed this size, the size of a pony or horse, such as cattle, should use carrot flavored CBD oil hemp oil Get 18% for horses and ponies with carrot flavor.
- CBD should not be given if there is a hemp allergy or coconut oil allergy, if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or in animals under the age of 1 year.
- Treatment with CBD does not replace going to the vet!
- CBD should not be given to food-producing animals!
- The CBD administration should be suspended before operations with anesthesia (at least 3 days before - see here ).
- CBD oil can also be given in parallel with medication, but please keep a distance of 2 hours. If you are unsure, talk to your vet about the CBD dose.
You can find more information and exchange in the following Facebook groups:
CBD for cats, experiences, exchange and information
CBD for horses, experiences, exchange and information